It’s been a while, but we’re back with a new release candidate for Prosody 0.7.0! The last one gave us valuable feedback and caught issues we’d never have caught without all our users who helped with the testing. Thanks!
So, now for RC2. The links to download are below. There have been quite a few fixes and improvements, here is the list of changes since RC1:
- SASL SCRAM updated for the latest specifications.
- More robust handling of running out of file descriptors.
- Replaced broadcast_message_policy with ignore_presence_priority for compatibility with the new XMPP specifications.
- Option consider_bosh_secure for those using HTTPS->HTTP proxies and Prosody’s encryption enforcement.
- Fixes and optimisations for mod_privacy.
- Support for canonicalizing credentials sent to Cyrus SASL.
- Fix for HTTPS server handling of large client->server payloads.
- Fix for ghost BOSH users triggered by using Apache for proxying, Firefox as a browser or a range of other random variables :)
- mod_proxy65 now works with libevent backend.
- Fix MUC issue preventing role changes by non-owners.
- Fix timers not firing when using libevent.
- Fix namespacing of stanzas sent over s2s connections.
- Don’t re-send data when connection closes, causing high CPU usage.
- Add s2s_allow_encryption option to allow disabling encryption for s2s.
- Improve error reporting when using Cyrus SASL.
- Make mod_groups (shared rosters) work with roster versioning clients.
- Fix compression to work with Pandion, and clients which negotiate it immediately after SASL and before resource binding.
- Handle multiple IPs per nameserver statement in resolv.conf
- Improve the handling of errors received from OpenSSL when loading certificates.
If you want to give 0.7.0 a try before the final release, download it below, and let us know how you get on. If all goes well then we’ll be releasing 0.7.0 final shortly!
OS X: Installer (requires OS X 10.5 or newer, Intel (32bit/64bit) and PowerPC (32bit))
Source tarball: prosody-0.7.0rc2.tar.gz