Three releases in less than a week! I think it’s a record. This one is a minor security and bugfix release from our 0.10.x branch, for users and packagers who are not quite ready to make the jump to 0.11 just yet. We will continue to maintain the 0.10 branch in this way with security and major bugfixes until further notice.
Note that there will not be an updated ‘prosody’ package in our Debian/Ubuntu repository for this release, as that package is now tracking stable releases from our 0.11 branch. You may use the ‘prosody-0.10’ package which is automatically built from the 0.10 branch daily. The 0.10.3 release is equivalent to build 499. A signed tarball of this release is of course available at the usual place.
A summary of changes in this release:
- Don’t list room occupants in service discovery (fixes #1162)
Fixes and improvements
- mod_component: Fix a wrongly-placed closing parenthesis, fixes #1164.
- net.dns: Cache all records from the ‘answer’ and ‘additional’ sections (fixes #487)
- net.dns: Don’t attempt to cache unparsed data (fixes #1056)
- mod_mam: Handle edge-case of max=0 so that complete attr is set (fixes #1128)
- mod_s2s: Close sockets held by resolver (#1170)
- mod_admin_telnet: Add debug:events() and debug:logevents()
- Logging: Improvements to balance logging of stanzas during routing (#776)
- util.pposix: Fix building on OS X (#1202)
- mod_http: Make sure path from http_external_url always ends with a slash (fixes #1183)
- prosodyctl: Make log level configurable through PROSODYCTL_LOG_LEVEL (useful for debugging)
- prosodyctl: Allow cert dir to not be owned by root (fixes #1075)
- prosodyctl: Change ownership of certs to same as the cert base dir when running from a source checkout
- prosodyctl: Warn if attempting to run an unknown check (fixes #1161)
- mod_s2s: Fix DNS timeout setting for per-session resolvers (fixes #1167)
- mod_groups: Log a warning about invalid JIDs (#1180)
- mod_proxy65: Return an error if no port is open (fixes #1240)
- API: Add stanza method for removing all children with a specific name, xmlns
If you have any questions, comments or other issues with this release, let us know!