We’ve just let out a release candidate for 0.6.0, the first release of our new 0.6 branch. This branch contains quite a few new features, and so we’re keen for it to receive as much testing as possible before the official release.
Highlights of the new branch include:
- Console: Commands to add/remove hosts, reload the config and shutdown
- MUC: Allow multiple sessions of the same JID to use the same nick
- MUC: Support for persistent rooms
- MUC: Support for roles, affiliations, config and admin controls
- mod_compression: zlib compression support for XMPP sessions
- TLS for s2s connections
- Per-host SSL/TLS certificates for vhosts
- New importer for MySQL ejabberd dumps
- Compatibility with vCard fetching from ejabberd chatrooms
When we release the final version there will be a more complete overview of each of these new features accompanying the release announcement. If you have any feedback, questions, or bugs to report, you can find us in any of the usual places.
Source tarball: prosody-0.6.0rc1.tar.gz
Until the next release…!