We are pleased to announce a new minor release from our stable branch.
A new release appears! This time it includes bug fixes and performance improvements!
Thanks to the Jitsi folks for helping us improve websocket performance in this and the previous release.
This release also fixes a security issue, where channel binding, which connects the authentication layer (i.e. SASL) with the security layer (i.e. TLS) to detect man-in-the-middle attacks, could be used on connections encrypted with TLS 1.3, despite the holy texts declaring this undefined.
A summary of changes in this release:
- mod_saslauth: Disable ‘tls-unique’ channel binding with TLS 1.3 (#1542)
Fixes and improvements
- net.websocket.frames: Improve websocket masking performance by using the new util.strbitop
- util.strbitop: Library for efficient bitwise operations on strings
- MUC: Correctly advertise whether the subject can be changed (#1155)
- MUC: Preserve disco ‘node’ attribute (or lack thereof) in responses (#1595)
- MUC: Fix logic bug causing unnecessary presence to be sent (#1615)
- mod_bosh: Fix error if client tries to connect to component (#425)
- mod_bosh: Pick out the ‘wait’ before checking it instead of earlier
- mod_pep: Advertise base PubSub feature (#1632)
- mod_pubsub: Fix notification stanza type setting (#1605)
- mod_s2s: Prevent keepalives before client has established a stream
- net.adns: Fix bug that sent empty DNS packets (#1619)
- net.http.server: Don’t send Content-Length on 1xx/204 responses (#1596)
- net.websocket.frames: Fix length calculation bug (#1598)
- util.dbuffer: Make length API in line with Lua strings
- util.dbuffer: Optimize substring operations
- util.debug: Fix locals being reported under wrong stack frame in some cases
- util.dependencies: Fix check for Lua bitwise operations library (#1594)
- util.interpolation: Fix combination of filters and fallback values #1623
- util.promise: Preserve tracebacks
- util.stanza: Reject ASCII control characters (#1606)
- timers: Ensure timers can’t block other processing (#1620)
As usual, download instructions for many platforms can be found on our download page
If you have any questions, comments or other issues with this release, let us know!
Prosody is a lightweight and flexible XMPP server designed with ease-of-use and extensibility in mind.