We are pleased to announce the release of Prosody 0.6.2.
This release fixes a bucketful of issues, some big, some small. The most notable changes include:
- Disable SSLv2 by default, as it is insecure
- Fix a bug that could cause invalid XML to be sent to clients
- In some cases data sent immediately before socket close could be lost
- c2s/s2s require_encryption options now do what they say on the tin
- Improved detection of already-running Prosody instances
- Fixed a small memory leak in HTTP/BOSH
- Ensure that the namespace on sent s2s stanzas is always jabber:server
- Fix to correct the algorithm used in selecting SRV targets from DNS
In addition we have slightly reformatted the default configuration file, in an attempt to make first-time configuration easier, based on feedback received from users. All existing configuration files work with no changes required.
Thanks to everyone who has helped find and report bugs, and help test the fixes for this release. We couldn’t have done it without you :)
Source tarball: prosody-0.6.2.tar.gz