Prosody 0.8.0rc2 available for testing
Time for a new release candidate for 0.8! If you aren't familiar with the new features in 0.8 yet, please refer to our announcement of 0.8.0rc1.
No major issues have been found since RC1, but we've found and fixed a number of minor ones, and sneaked in a couple of small features we've been working on that didn't quite make RC1 in time.
This includes a new migrator for moving data from the current file-based backend to the SQL backend, and vice-versa. The plan is to merge our other migration utilities for ejabberd and XEP-0227 into this one, and create the ultimate data migration tool :)
Download links are down below as usual, but here follows a summary of the changes made since RC1:
- mod_storage_sql: Display friendlier error when LuaDBI is not found on the system
- Fix a config issue that prevented disabling a module on a specific host
- Some internal cleanup and performance improvements in the stanza building API
- Log and gracefully handle errors in HTTP request handlers
- PEP: Fix resending published items on contact presence change
- MUC: Add option to choose whether participants can change the subject
- MUC: Some fixes to affiliation management permissions
- Support for multiple plugin directories (now possible to load directly from a prosody-modules repo checkout, for example, or from a custom dev directory)
- Stricter checking of the 'type' attribute on iq and presence
- Add new migration tool, for moving data between the file and SQL backends
- Make the new logging config syntax compatible with log sinks like "syslog"
- Add a "module.path" for plugins to know where they were loaded from
- Adjust some logging levels around s2s to make it less verbose by default
- Remove hereto undocumented 'sasl_realm' config option
- SCRAM: Fix escaping issue with commas in usernames